Stellar Evolution Project
- Cite Daltonfs atomic theory.
- Read and annotate the background information on evolution of stars.
- How would you change #4 of Daltonfs theory?
- What evidence in the reading justifies the modification of theory #4?
- Generate your interpretation of a stellar evolution on a butcher paper.
- alpha (α) decay:
beta (β) emitters:
- plutonium–238 [23894Pu → 42He + 23492U]
How #6 and #7 are different from #4?
Explain how gamma ray is different from alpha and beta emission.
Look at the spectra of the four (4) different elements below and identify the element(s) in Star 1 and 2.
Correctly identify and explain the stages of these two (2) stars. Which one is more like our sun? Why?
- carbon–14 [146C → 0−1e + 147N]
Chemistry in September