1. Calculate the wavelength of the yellow light emitted by the sodium lamp if the frequency of the radiation is 5.10 × 1014 Hz (5.10 × 1014/s). ???
2. Arrange the following in order of decreasing wavelength? ???
a. infrared radiation from a heat lamp
b. dental X-rays
c. signal from a shortwave radio station
3. Answer the following questions:
a. What is the valence electron configuration of Sr? ???
b. What is the valence electron configuration of S? ???
c. Which element has the valence electron configuration of 4s24p5? ???
4. The average distance between Earth and Mars is about 2.08 × 108 km. How long does it take to transmit television pictures from the Mariner spacecraft to Earth from Mars? ???
5. Which of the following electron configurations correspond to an excited sate? Identify the atoms and write the ground-state electron configuration where appropriate. How many unpaired electrons are present in each of these species? ???
How to do this assignment?
Chemistry in September