Rutherford's Gold Foil Experiment
- board set
- Be careful not to move the boards from their positions. Do not look in between the boards.
- Tape a blank piece of white paper on top of the top board.
- Roll a marble in between the boards. Use your pencil to mark the white paper with the marble’s exact point of entry and the exact point of exit.
- Connect the point of entry (arrow in) and the point of exit (arrow out) by using a ruler to represent the pathways and where they meet.
- Do steps #3 and #4 ten (10) times from each of the four sides of the boards and the four corners of the boards. A total of 80 times.
- Outline the shape that emerges on the white paper.
1. Explain how this lab simulation is similar to Rutherford's experiment. ???
How to do this assignment?
Chemistry in August