Teacher: Sharon Wu
Phone Number: (626) 934 – 4440 × 4521
Office Hours: during conference nights or by appointment(s)
Intervention: during PRIDE and lunch.
Overview of Course Semester One:
- Students will learn the relationships of motion and velocity.
- Students will learn the relationships of motion and space.
- Students will learn the relationships of motion and force.
- Students will learn the relationships of force and mementum.
- Students will learn the relationships of force and energy
- Students will learn the relationships of energy and work.
Overview of Course Semester Two:
- Students will learn about energy in heat travel/convection.
- Students will learn how convection movement is used in plate tectonics theory.
Students will learn about energy in waves.
- Students will learn how wave vibration is used in geophysics.
- Students will learn how energy produce electricity.
- Students will learn how electromagnetism is used in astrophysics.
- Common Core
- Cornell notes
- lab reports
- MLA reports
- oral presentations
- use of technology
- I EXPECT you to have respect for school rules, policies, dress codes, good attendance, and personal integrity.
- I EXPECT you to follow class rules posted to maintain a safe and learning environment.
- I EXPECT you to put in true effort to learn the curriculum.
- I EXPECT you to turn in assigned work on time.
- I EXPECT you to put your name on the assignments before you turn them in.
|assignments||55 %||100 % - 90 %||= A
|tests||30 %||89 % - 80 %||= B
|final||15 %||79 % - 65 %||= C
|64 % - 50 %||= D
|Below 50 %||= F
Makeup Policy for Assignments and Tests:
- You will have the same number of absent days to make up your missing work.
- Late assignments will be accepted for 80 % of the original points.
- You may earn back 70 % of missing point by correcting an incomplete lab report. (1 x)
- Tests need to be made up within 3 days after returning from an absence.
- NO late assignments will be accepted after each grading period.
I, ____________________,the student, understand the above classroom expectations and will follow them at all times.
I, ____________________, the parent/guardian, have read the above classroom expectations and have gone through them with my child. I will support all the teacher's expectations and be an active member in my child's learning.
- I will log into Aeries every week to check on the class progress.
- I will supervise my child for 20 minutes each day to do/review his/her assignments.
- I will sign my child's rubric after every test.