- 2 books
- 200-g mass
- spring scale
- Use the spring scale to read the force (Fin) of the mass.
- Raise the inclined plane with two (2) books and measure the height (Dh) of the ramp. Calculate the work input. (Win = Fin × Dh)
- Pull the 200-g mass up across the ramp (Dl) and read the force (Fout) of the mass.
- Calculate the work output. (Wout = Fout × Dl)
- Calculate the mechanical advantage (MA = Dl ÷ Dh).
- Raise the inclined plane higher by stacking a tray on top of the books and place the ramp on top of the tray.
- Measure the new height and calculate the new work input.
- Try to use the same constant speed as in #3 to calculate the new work output.
- Calculate the new mechanical advantage.
1. How does a ramp make a job easier? ???
2. Will the mechanical advantage increase, decrease, or remain the same if you make the inclined plane steeper? ???
How to do this assignment?
Physics in November